Skin aging is a natural process by which your collagen and elastin, which keep our skin looking firm and youthful, begin to decline, leaving us with wrinkles. Cell production and cell quality also diminish over time resulting in wrinkles. These factors unfortunately are mostly out of your control, but that does not mean all hope is lost at all.
A lot of the influences within your control are largely environmental such as pollution (like smoking) and photo (sun) damage. Here are 10 easy anti wrinkle skincare tips to reduce wrinkles and slow down the aging process.
- If you’re a smoker – quit. You cannot expect to look young if you smoke.
- Hydrate your skin by drinking about 8 glasses of water a day.
- Take Omega 3 supplements.
- Check with your doctor about taking supplements, your diet may be lacking some of the important ones.
- Facial scrubs remove the build up of dead cells that can increase the appearance of wrinkles. Apply once per week.
- Jojoba oil resembles the skins natural oils. Dab this around the eyes to keep wrinkles at bay.
- Take vitamin C supplements and use products that contain vitamin C, it will help boost your collagen.
- Honey is world renowned for its anti aging benefits. Use a honey mask weekly. Simply apply the honey to your face and neck and leave for 30 minutes then rinse off. This mask will “feed” your skin with nutrients.
- Aloe Vera and Avocado oil both have the ability to prevent the skin from drying out; they are both used to improve the skins elasticity.
- Apply a quality anti wrinkle/anti aging skin cream morning and night, after washing your face.
The importance of the last step cannot be stressed enough. All these points are very important and will score you big points with mother nature. What using a quality anti aging wrinkle cream will do is give your skin the ideal outer condition for lines and wrinkles to be diminished.
Unfortunately, the anti aging industry can be very deceptive, so don’t just purchase any old cream that has a good ad for it. As a matter of fact, never judge an anti wrinkle skincare cream by its cover, as the vast majority of anti aging products seem to spend more money on glossy packaging and advertising than actually making a product that does what it says it will – make you look younger.